FREE FOR EVERYONE
Everyone has a right to ‘Onafhankelijke Clientondersteuning’ (Independent Client Support). These supporters are there just for you. And are independent. Dutch law clearly states it. The supporters don’t provide services or healthcare themselves and they are unattached to healthcare organisations. Given that, their sole aim is to support you. Together with you, they look at what you need. And what you are entitled to. They provide you with information and support in choosing the right care and help.
Furthermore, they assist you in filling in the various applications. The supporters also accompany you to important meetings. If that’s what you want. The best thing is: you don’t pay anything for all this support.
You can request this support for yourself. But also for your child, partner, friend or family member. A supporter only gives advice and support. He or she does not force you into any decisions. It’s up to you to decide what you will or won’t do.
A supporter can assist you in the following areas
- Together, discovering what you need.
- Helping you to express your wishes.
- Giving an overview of the possibilities.
- Investigating what you are entitled to.
- Helping you choose the right healthcare, help and support.
- Help preparing and accompanying you to meetings with professionals, social workers and civil servants.
- Helping you to fill in applications like the Wlz-indication.
- Advice and support with objections and problems.
- Thinking with you about the possibilities in a re-evaluation situation.
- Providing you with support should you become dissatisfied with your healthcare.
You can receive support in the following areas
- Youth services
- Financial issues
- Work and income